Friday, May 13, 2011

Poem to Promt #7

PINK                                                                 PURPLE


I want to be a princess                                I want my own apartment
and live in a castle                                       I want my own paying job
a pretty pink castle                                     Then i could finally buy that purse 
pretty and big                                             I've been dying for
with pink flowers                                       And that purple shirt I saw
I want pretty pink dresses                          I should get new purple shoes
with hearts on them                                   To wear with that purple shirt
I want a little sister                                     I could get my sisters something too
so she can live with me in my castle          And my little brother
and we could share dresses                       Maybe if I save enough,
and flowers                                               I could also get a car
but her color can't be pink                         When I'm old enough to drive it
I like pink                                                  It could also be purple
pink is mine                                               I like purple


What are the main similarities and differences between childhood and adulthood?

I chose to write both of these poems in response to this question because, since Pink is written from before the coming of age, and Purple is after, they kind of compare and contrast childhood and adulthood. both of them together, show that although you become more mature, and your wants and hopes also change, you are still you. you might not be a child in your mind, but you could could still be a young child in your heart.

1 comment:

  1. I love how you used colors to signify different perspectives, one for childhood and one for adulthood. This shows the differences in wants and desires.

    ReplyDelete