Wednesday, May 25, 2011

writing prompt # 15

Some aspects of coming of age are pain, loss, disappointment, and disillusionment. Write about 1 experience you have had that relates to one of these aspects.




papá luis


He's dead
Gone
Gone forever
I cant believe it
And neither can my mom
I've never seen her like this
My father doesn't know what to do 
There is nothing he can do now
Its too late 
He isn't coming back
Not ever
It's not fair
I loved him
I love you
I miss you
Papá Luis




This poem is about my grandfather's death. I was old enough at the time to know that I never was going to get to see him again. I thought that it was unfair. I was going to visit him in a few years again. The first time, I was only 9 months old, and I lived with him and with my grand mother until I was 2 years old. My first words were; papá luis. Its Spanish for dad Luis or daddy Luis. When I was reunited with my real parents, they were complete strangers to me. i learned to call my real father 'dad'. But whenever I talked to or about my grandfather, he was always papá luis to me. He still is.





No comments:

Post a Comment